Friday, March 28, 2008

More information

I have had some time to sit and compose myself since the last posting. Darilyn has dealt with the situation with the doctor and there are some preliminary plans in place as a course of action. The cancer surgeon, I guess they call themselves oncologists these days, will perform a mastectomy. But before that they require an MRI and chest x-ray. And they must co-ordinate with the hospital and the plastic surgeon to get all schedules in synch. When the cancer has been removed, the plastic surgeon will immediately begin reconstruction of the removed breast and reduction of the other to make them alike. This is where the whole procedure started, with a breast reduction. It had been approved by the insurance as a medical necessity. 3 years ago it had been denied by an insurance company. It was not supposed to happen then. The good lord needed to have us wait so that this could be taken care of now.

When it is all over and she can come home, she will rest and recuperate here. She has clearance from work to take all the time she needs. She has quite a backlog of personal time available so it will not be a problem. I will take what time is needed to be with her as I can, but I will continue to frequent wally world. When it is all over, maybe I will go back to doing contract work. That is if there is any available.

She is my world. As I told Santini in an email, most of my life I felt alone. I did not know it, but there seemed to be something missing and I thought it was the way things were supposed to be. Then I found her. I remember vividly returning home after our first meeting. I had my good buddy, a portugese water dog called Cody, with me and I told him that I could love her. For the first time in my life I had some idea what it meant to feel whole. I told Darilyn that we must have been lovers in a past life or lives. That we were soul mates that would always find the other in another life. Who knows if this is true, but it sure felt like it must be. She will always be with me as long as I live now that I have found her and have her love. We will confront this speed bump on the road of life and we will pervail. No matter what happens, we are.

Now I am not alone anymore. I have Darilyn and I have found my family again. Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brother I will say a prayer for you and your lady today. Hang in there GPT. mm aka the last galoot a shore

    ReplyDelete