Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Evening at home

Here it is another saturday evening at home as it says in the title. My lady has completed her chemo about 2 weeks ago. The aftermath was again without mercy. The troublesome white cell count again decided to go south for a while and that relegated Darilyn to the homestead and bedstead for a couple of rocky days. She had a little better time of it but it was still a long spell of fighting to get better. She is a very tough nut to crack. She says it is for me and if that is what makes her stronger to get through it, than it is ok with me. And she is doing much better. Tuesday afternoon I put her on a flight to visit her brother and mother in Las Vegas. This has been in the works for some time as a reward for getting this all taken care of. And it is his annual Christmas party which she has fun helping prepare. And she is happy to be with the people as we have other friends out there as well. She needed it. I have been in contact by phone and I can hear her strength returning in her voice. Tonight is the party.

I have been batching it here. I have Darilyn's daughter Barbara here and the grand daughter Jessica around this weekend to keep the old man occupied with family things. I will work my other gig as a security officer at a Jeff Dunham concert tomorrow evening. I will be working as an usher in hopes that I will have an opportunity to see the show as well. Good planning isn't it. Getting paid to be entertained. I like it.

I saw my endocrinologist, read diabetes doc, this week. All is going very well it seems. The HDL/LDL's are excellent, the blood glucose levels are excellent so all seems to be well in that department as well. If I can keep the blood pressure controlled as I have been, then I should beat the odds for a while longer. I find that when I mention to people that I have 9 stents in my heart that this seems to be bit of an oddity. Most have never heard of more than 4 or 5. I don't know what the good lord has in mind, but I will take whatever is coming as a gift. The father did not seem to make it as long it seems but he did not have the medical science we have.

I have spent the evening engrossed in my favorite past time. I have been playing online poker tournaments for the last couple of years in the play money category and find that I have learned a fair bit about No Limit poker. I find it very challenging and requires a goodly amount of skill. As well as being able to present your opponents with a truly false picture of what you may have in your hole cards. That is where I have learned quite a bit. And it is free. So that is a good thing.

Time to close for the evening.

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment