Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feelings

Tonight I want to write about what I am feeling. I am beginning, I think, to understand where dad was in 1955 and before. Someone who I love unreservedly is going through cancer. I am trying not to show the concern and anguish that is in my very being. I am trying to be brave and supportive. And I WILL be supportive!!!!!! But there is still anger. There is frustration. There is anguish. There is fear, fear of loss, fear of watching her do all the hard stuff while all I can do is watch. I am so damned mad. Someone I work with today said that I should believe that it will all be ok. To maintain a positive attitude. As I thought about it, I started to wonder what she really knew about life. It just does not work that way does it. I will be positive and I will be sure of everything getting better. But only because I want to and I need to. To have someone who has never had there dreams handed to them DOA should not try to tell me what I have to do. And there is always the niggling thought that it could, just possibly, not all work out. I don't want to think about it, but it is always one of the possible outcomes. And that scares the hell out of me. I will work past it and I will not let it stop me, but it is one of the paths that the logic of the situation must include. I guess I have drawn too many flow charts of problems in the past. I always have to think of all the possibilities. Damn.

OK. Time to go again. See ya later agitator.

No comments:

Post a Comment