Saturday, July 26, 2008

August is coming


Well I needed a title. So deal with it.

It has been some time since I last sat down to write in this arena. A lot has happened and I have been burying myself in it so that I could get it done. We are still fighting the battle of cancer. Darilyn is going to have to go through chemotherapy. The only question is how much. The onconlogist discovered a lump on her neck in the lymph glands. The powers that be, whoever they might be, took forever to get anything scheduled. So on thursday morning, we went back to the local hospital and they inserted a mediport in her upper left chest for the introduction of chemo drugs as they say it is very hard on the veins. Oh Joy!!!! At the same time, the surgeon did a biopsy of the lymph glands in the neck, the ones where the lump exists. And again the news is not really great. He said that there were several lymph glands that were hard and stuck together. Not what they wanted to see. He took a sample and it was sent to the labs for complete processing. He will see Darilyn, and me if I can wangle time away from wally world to be with her on 6 August.

As maybe you can surmise, I am a bit angry about this whole thing. There is a procedure called a PET scan I think that the surgeon said someone should have done by now. It is 3 months since the mastectomy and they are just now getting to get things set up for chemo. WHY???? Why cant they do something??? Why does she have to hurt???? Oh lord WHY???

And to top things off, I will probably begin to go back to work. The financial picture is not real good, but it is survivable. I have been through worse and we will make it. The part that gets to me is that I will have to be away from her when she is going through this stuff. I want to wrap her is a soft woolen blanket and hold her so that she is safe. I want her to be better. I love her. She is my life.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you were here, where it seems that doctors are a lot quicker to treat cancer. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you both. - Nik

    ReplyDelete