Friday, November 14, 2008

Updates + two

Here I am again to relate how my lady is coming along with this battle. And it is that for sure. She did not have the best of nights being unable to swallow very well, but it was handled. I was only scheduled to work 4 hours today and I did not have to go in until the afternoon. Then the phone rang this morning and the nurse from the oncologist had some news. The blood test results were in and not good. The white cell count was down to almost non-existant. Darilyn has effectively been grounded. She is not to go out because her immunce system is severely comprimised. She is to stay home all weekend. They prescribed amoxcillin antibiotic to help to fight any potential infection. And if her temp gets to 100.5, I am to contact them immediately. She is also set for another blood test early monday morning.

Tonight, she is doing better. She has been in bed all day resting. She has very little appetite but she is getting her liquids. The yeast infection seems to be coming under control. She is resting now for the night. I am doing the best I can to keep the house in order and meals made. And I find I am not too bad at the routine. The things I learned as a teen have come back to me so they tasks are not foreign. I can do a decent job when I set myself to doing it.

Darilyn's daughter Barbara has been a great help as well. She lives here in the city and is quite close to us. She does all she can to take care of her mother. They are very close. she has been a comfort to me as well. The closest thing to family that I have around here. Not blood, but family. Actually closer than some blood relatives by their choices. Not my girls by the way. Or my siblings. I love you all.

There are times when I am away from the keyboard that I think of a lot of things that I would like to spend time exploring in this blog. But then I sit down at the keyboard and I can not seem to remember them. I am going to have to find a way of reminding myself about them.

Enough for now. Good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment