Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

The day is pretty much over. We had to work today so we had our celebration tuesday night after work. Barbara was over to help with the bird and preparations and we ate when I got home from work. It was a good time. It was also the day before Darilyn had to go for her last chemo treatment. She did treatment number 6 on Wednesday, Nov 26, 2008. Things are now into the recovery cycle from the chemo. Tonight she is very tired and has gone to bed to rest. She has taken the meds required for the treatment. We will now monitor things very closely. I only have to work 4 hours tomorrow afternoon and she is off duty for the next week. Nothing strenuous, thank goodness. I am so glad we have gotten to this place.

I have received notice that there may be a position opening in Atlanta in January. They wish to have me talk to the client company to see if they will ok me on the project. For whatever reason they want. We can use the money. And I can use the change from the life of a retail cashier if it is possible. Working at Wal-Mart is not a lot of fun, but it is a job. And they are a little scarce these days. I would love to be able to unretire if possible. That was not my best move but it seems it was part of the plan so that I can care for my lady. I wish things would open up, somehow, in California again. That was the best place so far.

It is getting late and I need to call it a day, but I wanted to post tonight. I have been a little down about life lately, but somehow things are starting to look a little better.

Adieu

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've gotten to the end of the chemo. Darilyn has been through a very tough time with it. I hope and pray that it was 100% successful and it will have been worth it. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete