Thursday, November 13, 2008

Updates, next day

Today was not a really good day either. My lady did not go to work as she was feeling poorly. Very poorly. She can hardly speak from a sore throat. And a fever of 100.3. So it was time to visit the doctor again. I stayed home as I knew she needed assistance. I took her this afternoon and the diagnosis was a yeast infection in the mouth and throat. Not an uncommon occurrence it seems for chemotherapy patients. She had such a bad throat that she could not swallow so henceforth, low on liquids in her body. It was also causing a very elevated blood pressure. 166/112. She could not take her meds to day and that had added to the problem. She was also unable to take antibiotics orally because of difficulty swallowing. Solution: IV to replenish liquids and possibly a source for antibiotics. Did not ask. Prescriptions provided to fight the yeast and something they call miracle mouth wash. It is a formulation that allows for healing of the pain and provides pain relieve and is used multiple times a day. Now she is resting and I hope it lets her get better. I had to crush the yeast med and suspend it in a glass of water, at the doctors suggestion.

Thanks TT for your message. It truly helps to know that you all are there. And to Maureen, I thank you as well. I was not aware of your looking in.

Santini, pass on something to your dear spouse from this old man. Thank you. He is a vet as well. I have sent my thank you to our little brother so I must acknowledge another of the family who has been there to give us the freedom we have.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment