Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday PM

Time for another cut at this thing.

It has been an almost perfect day here in Pensacola. The sky was clear blue and sunny. The temp was upper 60's. Eat your heart out. Darilyn and I went for a long ride in the country and enjoyed the day immensely. We are taking as much time as we can to enjoy each and every day. Friday night we went to the auto races here. I have not done much of this in the past, but I will be doing it more from now on. The son of one of Darilyn's stepdaughters is racing his own car on a dirt track not to far away and we will go and support him. It should be a blast.

Baseball will be starting here in May. We have an American Association team here in Pensacola. They are not real great but who cares. They are our boys. We have watched them for the last couple of years. Now that the hockey season is over, we need something to do. Oh, we have a professional hockey team here as well. They are a farm team for the Blackhawks. And as we are in the south, there is always football around in the fall.

All else is going forward. We have some idea about what is going to happen with the surgery but more will be learned from pr-op visits to the doctors. No idea if chemo or radiation is going to be needed yet.

On another note, I have been thinking about a lot of things and pondering the imponderables. During some of my ruminations (is that the word??) it came to me that my dear sister Santini reminds me very strongly of our mother. Her ways and reactions to things are the image that I have when I think of mom. Maybe it is something genetic, but whatever it is, I felt it as my duty being the eldest and holder of the longest memory to bring it to light. (Yeah right)

Enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend. Your grandaughter's visit to MN was successful, apparently. We're getting old when our grandkids head off to college. Santini

    ReplyDelete