Sunday, May 4, 2008

Waiting

The title says it. We are waiting. The surgery will be done tuesday. It is hard to believe but it is outpatient surgery, or so it seems. How things have changed. I have taken two weeks off from working at wally world to stay home and care for Darilyn.

The last few days have been very good. There has been emotional release, but mostly because it seems to take forever to get on with the surgery. We are asking why do we have to wait so long? A friend who did this 6 years ago has been of great help and solace, for both of us. I must admit to frustration and worry about what could happen if things go the wrong way. I have this picture of myself that says I am always in control and able to handle everything that comes my way. Yeah. Right. Lo and behold, I am human. I will be spending the day waiting for my lady to come out of surgery and to find out if I will be taking her home or if she stays overnight.

We have had a great few days together. We have tried to live everyday to the fullest and it is a good feeling. Now we need to live the rest of our lives that way.

4 comments:

  1. Please keep us informed of how it goes.... and give her an extra hug from me. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. our prayers and thoughts are with you both mm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and God bless. I hope all goes well. TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write very well.

    ReplyDelete