Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On another note

It seems that the time has come for posting other information. There have been some goings on in my daily life that have taken on a very high degree of importance. Today, my darling wife was to go to see a local doctor about having some elective surgery performed to reduce the size of her bounteous bosom. But there were tests to be run, including a mammagram. She had had one done a couple of days ago, but the radiologist desired another look. Well, things seem to be not all good in the land as they now are going to do a biopsy on 3/5. This is not always good to hear and it is definitely nerve wracking. But it will be done as always when it is what must be done. She and I have come to the conclusion that we will face whatever comes. I can do nothing else. She is my partner and best friend. And, as I have told her repeatedly in the last 10 years, there is nothing that the two of us cannot overcome together. So, I had to tell all about it as a means, I guess, for her to find all of the support and love that she deserves. It is not a new story for me. Nor for my older sibs. This is where the story of Lillie came to an end so many years ago. BUT NOT THIS TIME. We will perservere.

2 comments:

  1. 3/5 seems like too long a wait! Darilyn is going to be fine. It is not 1955 any more, and even if they do find something -- and they may well NOT, the chances of a good outcome are very, very high. It is a nerve wracking time for you both, but know that our thoughts and our prayers are with her now. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also send my best wishes and thoughts for a positive outcome. I remember 1955, too, and that that was 53 years ago. Science and medicine have come a long way and are positive partners in your struggles. Continue to be positive. TT

    ReplyDelete