Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'M BACK

I have returned. It has been many months since the last posting. No apologies, just a fact. A lot has been happening since last I entered here. A number of locations have been attempting to entice me to come out of retirement and return to the work-a-day world of contract programming. I succumbed to the temptation in late November and accepted an offer to go to work in Sacramento only to call them the next day and withdraw.

It seems that my dear lady has some conditions that the doctor has deemed need to be investigated. So far we have found that she has serious disintegration of discs in her back. Probably associated with arthritis. She has had an echo cardiogram which was good. She has yet to take a nuclear stress test to discover if there are any other cardio problems. She also has problems with pulmonary functions. I have noticed myself a tendency to quit breathing at times while sleeping and we have taken steps to alleviate that. It has gotten better of late so that eases my concerns. We need to get these things resolved and we will. Until then I will continue to work at Wal-Mart.

We took a short trip in early December to Las Vegas to visit with mother-in-law and brother-in-law. It was a fun trip and well worth the effort. Upon returning, we have gotten back to our normal way of life. It has been in our minds to find another place to live that is closer to Pensacola as it seems all aspects of our lives revolve around people and things there. Then we found a nice 3 bedroom house on the west side of the city that was up as a lease option and fell in love with it. So, we decided to go for it and see if we can make it all come out with our owning the place. There seemed a better than even chance to overcome the odds and have a home of our own again. So, today we signed all of the papers to lease the house for 2 years with the option to buy it. And if all works as it should, we will be there for a good long time. I may have to return to the every day business of computers on occasion to put money back into the savings but it will be worth it to do short term contracts at high rates of pay when they become available.

That is about it from this end. Maybe I will be able to keep it up this time.

Peister ;o)

2 comments:

  1. GLAD TO SEE YOUR BACK. I HOPE THAT YOU AND YOURS HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are back and doing well. A new place to live with an option to buy also sounds like a good deal. Send me your new address.

    Merry Christmas. TT

    ReplyDelete